11th June. EasyDeath.

"I don't want to tell you how you should ride a bike but you were only a couple of feet in front of that blue Volvo when you cut in front of it." admonished Charlie.

"What blue Volvo?"

"The one you overtook back there, it must have speeded up as you were overtaking it, something wrong with your spatial awareness man, I thought that was it "

"You mean when there was that tanker in front?"

"No"

So in the process of being gentle with George's barely run-in new BMW and fiddling about with the weird Bavarian indicator switches I'd practically ruined it completely and possibly the rest of my life, thrown in...

4 comments:

The Incredible Bulk said...

Well, at least you don't have to change the acronym F.E.M.C.C or any of your embroydered badges.

FAILED Eyesight Motor Cycle Club now sounds more appropriate.

And I though the most likely impact would be the fault of another motorist. A Mini I could understand, but it was a Volvo!

The Editor said...

You said it.

Volvo estate.

Mike said...

My mate nearly came to grief in the same way a couple of weeks ago but his misjudgement was caused by the car driver veering out towards the centre of the road.

The Editor said...

There's quite a bit of that veering out on the deserted roads of Sutherland because drivers feel like they've got the road to themselves.