7th June. F.E.M.C.C. - Latest.

Supposed to be leaving tomorrow for the Far North but Mr R has gone and booked a carpet cleaner for Monday expecting all the mess in his living room to be over by the weekend, obviously. That means I'll be scrabbling around trying to finish his stove installation double quick in the morning.

What will happen is they'll be some snag, time will drag on and by the time I'm heading up the A9 everyone else will already be in some pub in Ullapool.

It will be as dark as the long days of June will allow, the rain will come on, my hands will be numb with vibration, they'll be a cold draught down my neck the moorland between Garve and Ullapool will seem endless, I may even run out of petrol because everything is shut. At worst a deer will jump out right in front of me, I may break both arms and lose my memory, Isabelle will be rushed to Raighmore Hospital by dint of the In Case of Emergency number in my mobile phone...

5 comments:

Mike said...

That's what I like to see.... A bit of positive thinking once in a while!

Strangely, last time I was on the A9 it threw it down with rain. I did manage to avoid head butting any deer though.

bry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Editor said...

Deer are the biggest fear, hit one in the Dailhatsu a couple of years ago, felt like hitting a pedestrian or so I imagine.

The Incredible Bulk said...

I think you have a vivid imagination! You should put some Runrig on your iPod and listen to it. I always get a tear in my eye north of Garve.

The Editor said...

The ipod experiment was a complete failure audible only up to 25mph even at high volume, no wonder wind noise causes hearing loss, pardon?