9th July. Hypno, Hypno, Hypno!

Swam seventy-two lengths front crawl for a change instead of sixty at the Leisure Pool tonight, when I came back Isabelle was watching some fly-on-the-wall-thing about Hypnotherapy.

I said "This time tomorrow It'll all be sorted out" because I'm going to see that Hypnotherapist woman for a 'free' session at 6.30pm.

It seems unlikely that mouthing a set of platitudes with your eyes closed could make any difference to the way one thinks.

Then how do you know if there's been any change?

Even if there has, it could be because of something other than being hypnotised?

In this case though, actual change can be measured by an external examiner, by posing the question:

'Do I sound any less like I'm on Drugs?'

2 comments:

The Incredible Bulk said...

I couldn't imagine what you'd be like if you were "normal". I suppose you'd have some woolly jumpers and be looking forward to early retirement. How dull! You'd probably take up Chimney lining to escape the repetitive boredom of retirement.

I shall try and make a judgement during the next few days.

The Snoring Man said...

If the session works, might be a nice little earner for you when you are retired and back to 'normal'.