15th August. Accidents Will Happen.

Mr P tells me that he's currently undergoing six months of physiotherapy, has to sleep on his back and knocks back painkillers like they're going out of fashion.

"It's as painful now as when I first did it."

It was obvious on first meeting Mr P. that he had suffered a serious injury to his upper arm (broken in two places) as it was all in a cast.

I wondered what he'd done? Snowboarding in Colorado? A high speed motorcycle crash? Fallen off a horse? And yet, there seemed no other signs of injury not even the mildest of abrasions.

It certainly had been a very low speed crash. Mr P. had fallen over in the living room on to...the floor? The strange thing is, it wasn't even a concrete floor, just a chipboard one.

Mrs P had said " What are you doing down there?"

He answered "I can't get up - I think I may need to go to hospital."

"You what...?"

No comments: