25th October. Details-My Arse!

Mrs K has proved to be a bit of a pain when it comes to 'The Look' of the finished installation.

It seems to be that the more minimalist the style the more what little details remain matter.

So they left this huge slab of maple which has to be stuck on the wall sticking out above the fireplace, no visible means of attachment showing, of course.

Looking at this block of wood I thought if its that way up that black bit in the grain will be kind of obvious but maybe that's a feature...?

I'm sure which ever way I put the thing she'll think that it was obvious to anyone that it should have been the other way up.

He will probably be on the phone tomorrow interfacing between her and me putting the case forward diplomatically for the inversion of said block.

In that case I'll suggest that they give it a coat of wood primer followed by Dulux Brilliant White Non-drip Gloss.

No comments: