24th October. Jamais vu.

I was a bit early arriving to look at the proposed chimney installation, darkness was falling, I took the opportunity to relieve my bladder behind an ornamental dwarf conifer.

I took stock of the precipitous slope of the drive up to the house, quite an unusual location I thought.

Anyway after a while the owner comes home and puts the lights on, leading me through the kitchen and down the split level staircase, he turns and says "You've been here before and gave us a quote a few years ago."

"I don't think so." I said, thinking it must have been 'Old R' when he was more likely to actually turn up and give a quote.

"No, I'm sure it was you, about five years ago but another baby came along and we never got round to it..."

It's funny, you do get these people who say "Oh I never forget a face."

In this case i seemed to have forgotten not only a face but also a name, address and a complete house and garden.

No comments: