16th March. Three Men In a Kitchen.

There comes a time in a man's life when a need for an occupational change seems to be overriding.

"Young" Alistair seemed to be proposing some sort of excursion on the lines of the famed 'Three Men In A Boat' over a cup of tea with another middle-aged visitor.

The emphasis seemed to be on a blowke-ish few days, probably a recipe for a drowning.

My feeling is that these events are mere diversions from the real meat of life - meaningful work.

In that regard we could all just swap jobs although the Teaching Profession could be the short straw in this game.

"How is the teaching profession these days?" I asked this afternoon's visitor.

"A bag of shite."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here`s a good one: One of my students is kind of an economics genius. He used to teach, but explained that he left teaching because if he remained in that profession, he felt like he could never make a difference in anyone`s life.

I seem to recall that such stirring lines as, `MAKE A DIFFERENCE! BECOME A TEACHER!` are well represented when they are selling potential teachers that bag of shite....

I don`t know if I entirely agree though. At least I don`t think it amounts to a while bagful. (But we`ll give it some more time to accumulate.)