19th March. Steaming.

I kept wondering what the noise coming from the kitchen was.

Something like a pressure cooker permanently blowing it's valve, then a short period of silence then Whoooshh! off again.

Maybe Mrs Y. was trying to make marmalade or boil lentils but the valve was jammed up resulting in the geyser-like escape of steam.

Well I kept going in and out, in my slippers or just socks I might add, because the Y's have a bit thing about dust etc...

Beige carpeting of course upstairs and cream coloured floor tiles downstairs connecting by a beech staircase which was sort of beige as well.

In fact if it isn't beige it's either glass or stainless steel.

Anyway I'm descending the stairs again when suddenly the source of the escaping steam was revealed.

I meet Mrs Y. on her hands and knees with a steam cleaner running over each individual line of grout between the floor tiles.

I can see that grout's going to be a real headache showing the dirt, almost as much as the beige carpet.

No comments: