30th March. Isle Of Bute Triathlon.

On the way up to the swimming pool from the ferry Isabelle ducked into a paper shop to buy a sandwich which she then proceeded to feed to a crow that looked like it was on a bit of a losing streak.

Much to Isabelle's disappointment the paper shop proved to be one of the few shops that were open this particular Sunday.

The waters of the swimming pool were a bit choppy on account of the numbers of arms thrashing around. Although for the last two lengths calm had returned, that was because most people had already got out.

Mind you I was in Wave 2 - mediocre, Wave 1 is rubbish and Wave 3. Fast.

I never thought I'd be this annoyed about being slower than other people. So this guy comes past on the cycling bit, I'm behind him in the running.

Running three laps of the local park gives an idea of how far away the end is.

I force myself to overtake the annoying guy in front.

I can only imagine it must feel quite good coming 1st instead of 31st.

No comments: