21st April. Tiredness Can Kill.

I awake to the sound of the horn from a white Mercedes Van in the process of overtaking me, I'm drifting across into the fast lane of the M 90.

How embarassing.

If these things required explanation, for instance at some kind of inquest, background reports might have revealed, budgies falling off perches in the early hours, or a disabled cat shuffling around in the bedroom and then there's the cockerel reveillez.

In fact I should be in bed now and you shouldn't drink tea at this time of night either.

I don't feel tired now, only when I've got both hands on a steering wheel.

4 comments:

The Incredible Bulk said...

You should keep a steering wheel beside your bed to help you nod off faster.

On a more serious note, have you looked at Pro Plus or similar whilst you are driving?

Anonymous said...

By my count that's 9, less 1 for the f.a.a.t.w., less 1 for descending nose first down mountain, less at least 1 for arsing about on roofs all the time. 6 to go then. Pity. I was beginning to enjoy your blog!

The Editor said...

f.a.a.t.w ?

Anonymous said...

faatw = fast asleep at the wheel

fawaatw = fatal accident while asleeep at the wheel