28th April. Stirling Triathlon Countdown.

I see The Walrus is bragging about how easy the 5k run is becoming with a time of 27mins something.

I decide to punish myself with 10k so it'll make 5k seem more like the sprint it's supposed to be.

48 mins.

The Walrus ploughs through the waves with a swim time estimate about 3 mins less than mine which evens out the current running positions.

But then I'm so crap at the cycling.

Mind you the Walrus hasn't actually seen a Triathlon whereas I'm due for the fifth one this year on Sunday.

"You've been fit all your life."

"Yes but I'd already started at college before you'd started feeding at the breast."

3 comments:

The Incredible Bulk said...

Holy moly. 48 minutes is a great time.

No point discussing until I get the 25.4 seat post for the racer, but you'd freak if you knew my 20k cycle time on my mountain bike with bike nobbly tyres on a hilly run.

Click here.

The Editor said...

OH NO.

Went out on a determined 22.84km bike run using the new halfords on board computer.

Despite registering 57km/hr at one point the time ended up as 54.18 mins.

This is crap, although it is also hilly, this translates as 47.44 mins

The Incredible Bulk said...

Game on!