27th July. Complete Arse Up.

I knew for certain that I was just going too fast to get round this particular corner under a railway arch on the old A9.

It had somehow slipped my memory that it's sharper than it looks, which was academic and after the fact.

Such a nice day too, bone dry, with a temperature in the mid-twenties, too hot to be wearing anything more than light jeans because "I'm not going to fall off anyway."

So if anything crossed my mind it might have been "this is going to hurt."

It's ironic that not half an hour before I'd been discussing with a prospective client now an ex-climber about the irreversible stretching of knee ligaments etc

Anyway nothing broken according to A&E, apart from the right footrest.

1 comment:

The Incredible Bulk said...

Holy moly, The Editor, not you as well?!? Very happy to hear you are all right and still climbing, but it reinforces the fact that motorbikes are dangerous! I have some "slightly worn" body armour for sale if you fancy?