24th November. The Medical Blog.

"That's my pee" I said to the woman behind the glass screen at A & E.

The urine sample had the appearance of tomato juice.

"Oh"

How can you run 21k last weekend and have normal pee then run round the block while the tatties are boiling and produce such a shocking result?

"Take these Antibiotics" says Dr X.

Waste of time if you ask me because I don't feel ill In fact my theory is that wearing Isabelle's sister's cross country skiing pants stopped my 'tackle' from walloping about during the half marathon.

However running round the block in long johns that hardly stay up not only creates a spectacle but offers no support, and something has come unscrewed or cross-threaded, to put it in engineering terms.

It's either that or Cancer.

"I see you're down for more tests...that's good."

2 comments:

The Incredible Bulk said...

Oh dear, oh dear. A cross-threaded knob. It sounds like the opening line to a limerick.

Not that I would like to make light of the potential hazards, I'm optimisitic that you'll be fine. You should try out that optimism you know.

The Incredible Bulk said...

There was a middle aged man called ...

Who took a jar to A&E with his pee in.

It looked like gravy from roast pork,

So they gave him a cork,

To cure any worsening feelin'.