2nd November. Ya Wee Feartie!

Now that insect life has gone into winter recess, more or less, it's quite possible to ride with one's visor permanently up.

This was a boon due to both the inside and the outside being rendered opaque from salt spray.

The external being the salt on the roads and the internal the air drying of copious nose waterings.

Despite being able to see about as clearly as present eyesight will allow I found my ability to keep up with the rest of the FEMCC hampered by dark imaginings centred on greasy tarmac and larch needles.

It's just another aspect of Natural Weakness.

Like the inability to eat your own weight in black pudding after 15 pints of 'Best' the night before without a trace of heartburn.

Talking of Natural Weakness, on the way down Glen Lyon I spied the Otter's car parked at the side of the road, whilst he was away flogging himself up the side of Cairn Mairg,

Probably with just a bag of out of season strawberries for the day, it's all part of training up for the next event.

Ladbrokes aren't taking any more bets on the Buchlyvie Half Marathon, I hear.

1 comment:

The Incredible Bulk said...

Actually I was travelling light. I didn't take any food with me.

That was more due to human error as opposed to a pre-planned training decision.

3.5 hours for the round. And I heard a series of motorbikes about 12.30 or so, whilst I was atop Carn Gorm. I presume you made it past the road resurfacing machine? I had to go around.