28th March. A Tranent (Pyrrhic) Victory.

Approaching the end of the race I kept an eye on the stopwatch, with a slight sprint towards the finishing line things looked good for finally breaking the 1hr 20min barrier, despite being lapped by everyone in my swim lane.

1hr 18mins 53secs! A Personal Best! Fully 12 mins faster than last year in much the same cold and windy conditions.

A while later I approached 'The Otter' - "1hr 18 how did it go?"

"1hr 14mins."

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!"

 

4 comments:

The Snoring Man said...

I'm detecting a competitive edge. Presumably the glue held, must be braw stuff.

The Incredible Bulk said...

Thank you, Loctite 9461 :-)

The Editor said...

It's a bloody nonsense!

The Incredible Bulk said...

At this rate, I should charge you for speech therapy lessons.