4th April. The Ballbreaker- 2 Laps.

Having been lambasted for only cycling on the flat the time had come to step up and as The Fink puts it "Make friends with the hills."

Which is a bit like saying make friends with Ian Brady or any other recognized Psychopath.

The new loop unremittingly goes down or goes up, Greenbank Rd was about the only level 200 yards  and there the temptation to call in at "Young" Alistair's for food of any kind was strong, one slice of bread with marmalade had proved inadequate. 

At the start of lap 2 in a fine Scots Smirr, I could feel myself wilting like a post-coital penis and there I was hard up against the 12% hill back up to Glenfarg.

I don't know if I'm man enough for the hills behind Nice.

E.H. successful in last year's Nice event, is either a woman made out of Kryptonite and I'm Normal or she's normal and I'm just Naturally Weak...  

No comments: