22nd May. Public Liability Claim.

"In all the years I've had the bike shop I've never known anyone to get a penny out of the council for damage from going into potholes." says our man as he spins my wheels each one with a pronounced dent at one point in the rim. "i can't see them taking any notice until someone's been killed!"

I limp out of the shop as fast as possible so as not to miss my appointment with Dr F.

"Another cycling related injury I'm afraid."

"Let's have a look then... yes... these will all heal up and the tightness in the calf should go, if any of the wounds become infected come back in. That's it all recorded, left forearm, left hip, left knee, left ankle and left calf muscle"

Dr F. continues...

" Hit a loose manhole cover caused £600 worth of damage to the car, took a photo with my phone and wrote a letter to the council... received a cheque for the whole amount."

Well, you don't know what to believe, but we shall see.







No comments: