3rd July Kestrel Crack -Severe

Having had all the ropes and stuff organised for me I was free to begin the climb. In the event of a fall two of us might die but Peter who was stood at the bottom with the guidebook would be able to capture it on camera, to explain to Isabelle. Climbing was easier without the need, in this instance, to carry a bucket of cement or any kind of Bosch power tool.
Despite the recent rain the rock was dry enough and surprisingly there weren't any decomposing deer that had plummeted down. This had been Peters forecast along with clouds of evening midges based on memory of the early 1970's.
Once absorbed in the process of solving the 3-dimensional puzzle with hands and feet, it was all over before it had hardly begun. Then I was left wanting more, a sure sign of a rare enthusiasm.
I was warned off climbing something else, due to technical reasons without a rope, because it would have been harder to explain to Isabelle or at the Inquest.
Then playtime was over because it was getting late and I had to go in for my tea because I had school in the morning.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Wow...having someone to capture your death on camera and thoughts of decomposing deer make that sound like a hell of a good time. For some reason it reminded me of the scene in Deliverance when they hoist the dead man down the mountain...is that right? I haven't seen that movie in ages and am too scared to rent it again. Oh, and thank you for the comment on my blog. I'll definitely take your advice to heart.

The Editor said...

Ahh yes;
Diddle- ee- dee -dee- dee- dee- dee- dee!