29th August. A Graduate Job Offer at S.H.I.T.

Sewage is a growth industry, so young Mr F the Civil Engineer tells me, what with all the current EC regs. In fact the company have trouble recruiting anyone other than foreign students. "School leavers nowadays, they just want to do Media Studies" said Mr F.

"I've got a degree in Engineering" I revealed.

"We could give you a job then!"

"What sort of things do you do there?"

'It's mainly computer modelling the flow of ..."

"Waterborne human excrement?"

"Yes."
"It's all just Windows based, easy enough, quite fun really. so long as you're used to thinking in 3D you'd be alright."

"Well the thing is, to let you understand, when I left College "THE Computer" filled an entire room, and you had to wait two days to get your program results back on punched tape...'

1 comment:

stitchwort said...

With computer modelling at least you keep your hands clean, but then there's the "soft blockages".....