25th March. Labels for this post: bore, running, Dr. Romanov.

When it comes to running 10k I'm hoping to steal a march on the other competitors by following the techniques of one Dr Romanov. No relation, presumably, to The House of Romanov last imperial dynasty of Russia, although maybe that explains why the good Doctor's shacked up in Florida?

There always seems to be some special credibility lent to anyone with a name like Dr Romanov particularly when coupled with the mystique of a heavy foreign accent. Dr Romanov's techniques seem to revolve around letting gravity do the work, ie falling, I mean, for instance it would be difficult to run if you were weightless in space.

Of course it's all fascinating to me, if no one else. As Junior was fond of telling me "I only had three topics of conversation":

1. Posture
2. The screenplay to If..
and
3. I can't actually remember what the third one was, I'll have to ask.

2 comments:

The Incredible Bulk said...

Chimneys!

The Editor said...

No I cannot speak about these things.