26th March. Happy Arsemas.

Scarred for life and yet that unseemly boil has acted as a spur to action for precisely one calendar year.

I must congratulate my bottom. Of course it's an ill wind indeed that blows no good, those voracious bacteria acted as a timely mid-life shot across the bows together with the laboured breathing of my fellow patients on the ward during that brief hospitalization. Sadly some of these will no doubt have breathed their last, before this anniversary.

I had to sit and twiddle my thumbs tonight for at least an hour whilst Isabelle was 'giving a talk' in Dundee. From the vantage of the car park I could see that piece of kinetic public art redolent of H G Wells' War of the Worlds. The surroundings have certainly changed since the day I played some part in its final placement. That day, one of the main problems concerned emptying ones bladder at such a conspicuous site.

Anyway, over a decade has passed since, I'm surprised it's still standing and capable of movement, a bit like me...

4 comments:

The Incredible Bulk said...

Happy anniversary! One year on, eh. You've conquered Alpine peaks, run (swam and cycled) Triathlons and been on more holidays than a teacher. Plus you've bought a small towns worth of property. I'd be pretty optimistic with a past year like that!

For the record, one year on I'm still sitting in the same chair, doing the same things, spending someone else's money, inching towards early retirement :-)

The Editor said...

Thanks very much for these noble sentiments, however my retirement may be more akin to that which can occur to a competitor during an athletics meeting.

Anonymous said...

So you'd rather sit in your car for an hour than come and visit the chaos in oor hoose? R66

The Editor said...

It did cross my mind, honestly. I thought I might only be sitting for ten minutes but you know how these things always drag on...

Anyway i wasn't sure if there'd be any space.