28th March. My e-Bay Wetsuit.

On the return from another rubble-filled day in Chimney World I stopped off to make an assessment of the local watercourse. This was with a view to stepping up from the indoor heated 'Leisure' Pool to the real work of ploughing through the considerably more head numbing River Earn.

Anticipating another delivery from e-Bay, this time of a secondhand wetsuit ('Used once') and reputed to be specific to swimming, I thought it best to reconnoiter the riverbank with a view to immersion before the weather and the water warms up fully.

Despite all the news about Scotttish salmon dying in their thousands because a water temperature of 20 degrees C. is apparently lethal, the Earn felt like it was a good bit less than that today when I stuck my hand in for about two seconds...

Another worry, besides the temperature and the possibility of drowning, will be the avoidance of entanglement with local anglers and their paraphernalia.

If all else fails I, or indeed Isabelle, can always re-advertise the wetsuit as 'used twice'.

4 comments:

The Snoring Man said...

I don't think global warming has been heard about in that particular backwater. The Earn has always scared me, deep and slow moving with a muddy bottom. Try not to make its reputation even more sinister.
ps Are you just trying to avoid the Leisure Pool entrance fee?
pps What is your Game?

The Editor said...

Know The Game - Genital Shrinking.

The Incredible Bulk said...

If you can find a wetsuit on eBay that will fit a 44 inch waist then I could be up for some river action?

The Editor said...

Chest, surely?