11th April. Life Sentence.

Inspired by some eight-year-old Chinese Medal hopeful on The 6 O'clock News, whose dad makes her run the equivalent of a Marathon every night before supper, I left Isabelle with 'Reporting Scotland' as I was determined to cycle 20k at approximately the right pace. This would be followed by running to the shop and back (5k).

I'm driven by the need to 'do something' before all my cartilage turns to bone and my arteries are solid with animal fats, when the only thing to do might be lawn scarification (see earlier).

Actually this is simply a rationalisation after the event, I've no idea why I'm doing it. The desire to win anything can't be the motivation, that's out of the question.

Maybe it's like people serving a life sentence in prison who take up some kind of self-improvement, you could say. Well, what's the point of that?

1 comment:

The Snoring Man said...

Why your doing it could be just to feel something other than your usual cynicism.
Stopping could be when the physical problems appear. So, never stop.