9th April. High School Reunion.

They say our year was a bad year, Class of 1976. I said "I'm not sure about this reunion thing" and David said "Well I've managed to avoid these people for thirty years".

I'm surprised there haven't been incidents reported in the U.S. where some ex-pupil's appearance at the Class Reunion was marked by his producton of a semi-automatic weapon once the initial introductions had been made...

To my knowledge nobody from our year has achieved world fame or 'A' list celebrity status. However comparisons will be inevitable as to 'how well one has done', having been given the last thirty years to do it. Let's face it, if you haven't done it yet you're probably not going to, full stop.

I must represent one of the more notable failures, despite quite reasonable exam results my greatest achievement is, in the words of 'Junior' with reference to chimney work, "To have wasted my life".

1 comment:

The Snoring Man said...

Had they known about your income and property portfolio,(success in the book of many people) a semi automatic weapon could well have been produced.