2nd May. A New BMW, Sheer Driving Pleasure.

Had a rather disturbing dream. I am at the wheel of a brand new BMW saloon, one of the more plush models that comes in the £45,000 plus bracket. Isabelle informs me that she has just bought it, "Interest free over 5 years". I said "That's a riduculous amount of money a month, what do we need a new BMW for?"

The answer is that apparently lots of other people have new BMWs so we should have one as well.
"I don't like people who have new BMW's" I exclaim.
"Why?"

At this I am flumoxed to provide an answer as to why. At the same time I am siezed by a feeling once reserved for a brand new bicycle my parents bought/chose for me. My father could never understand why I seemed determined to wreck it by deliberately riding it through any available mud.

To make a point we turn off the smooth tarmac of the dual carriageway and are soon driving across a ploughed field at the same speed, the suspension bottoming out as the shock absorbers go crazy, My thoughts are " Ha! we'll see how much of this it can take."

The story concludes when Isabelle receives the check for a meal we are having at a country house to 'celebrate' the purchase of the BMW. This comes to over £300 despite the fact that I only had a coffee, to keep costs down. Isabelle informs the waiter that this was "a bit more than she wanted to pay and hadn't expected it to be over £200."

3 comments:

buffalodick said...

I like a cool piece of iron as well as the next American, but I agree- If you like me for my car, how will I ever know if you really like me?

The Snoring Man said...

Always shows more taste for someone else to pat you on the back for your success in the world, so Isabelle buys the badge of [pocket] lining prowess.
You would have been happy with a cup of coffee after all.

The Editor said...

This subconscious financial worry is not just subconscious...