28th July. Tea & Cakes?

Approximately 98% of customers will provide tea.

Mrs R. provided one the first day following a request in the morning but that was it.

If only people like Mrs R knew how much difference two or three tea bags could make to the finished job.

The reason for this is caffeine withdrawl.

By about 3 pm when Mrs R. was making merry with some trade rep in the adjoining kitchen, probably including a teapot in the proceedings, I find myself a little more impatient than normal.

Some cement falls off the wall, I want to yell out:

"FOR *UCKS SAKE WOMAN GIVE ME A CUP OF TEA!

4 comments:

The Incredible Bulk said...

I know your "motto" is "You can never have too much tea", so can you rate the greatest Tea providers in Chimney World?

Cake / Mackerel providers can score bonus points.

The Snoring Man said...

Most workmen carry a thermos.
Fee plus tea please.

The Editor said...

I don't believe in the Thermos it gives a foul taste if the tea is added before hand or it's too much of a palaver any other way. I've seen me lighting a fire with wood to boil a kettle on site- flasks! PAH!

The Editor said...

Actually I was near overdosed on tea at Blackford recently due to an inability to refuse.

A nice young couple and the third chimney in their history of house movings.