27th February. Negative Positivism.

"For once I'm not going to be working in Boots this weekend." says Junior sipping a cup of coffee with two sugars requested from Mrs R. to lighten the mood (four for Daddy as he's a bit grouchy please)

"See when you look at what you said there - it's negative."

"No it's not, I'm a happy bunny looking forward to the weekend."

"If you'd said 'I'm not going to be in Boots this weekend' that would be neutral but what you're really saying in effect is - I'm not in Boots this weekend, normally I am and I'm sick of it, life's passing me by etc. so it's actually you not me that's being all negative."

"Bollocks."


1 comment:

The Incredible Bulk said...

Not everything rubbed off on Junior. He's Negatively positive, whilst you are positively negative.

Quite the reverse.